Objects jumping around

Discussion in 'Simulation' started by Iason S., Apr 1, 2020.

1. I have an object (box) placed on a table (box) which sometimes jumps without any (obvious) external forces applied on the object. In my simulation I have a number of obstacles randomly generated and the issue does not always happen. I managed to find a scene that is happening in one object (see attached gif). When the object is resting has 4 contacts with the table (which is normal behaviour) but in one step before the jump and for some unknown reason the contacts of this object with the table becomes 7 (all seven is registered as contacts between the geometry of the object and the geometry of the table) and then finally the object jumps (see attached png).

Is this a bug in mujoco that has been observed in the past, or am I doing something wrong with the model/simulation? I am using mujoco 1.50 (I actually use mujoco-py but I do not think it makes any difference in this issue) and I use Newton solver and 0.001 timestep. Any advise on to what to look for debugging this is welcome.

Attached Files: