Modeling crane

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Jouji Toyama, Jul 3, 2017.

1. I want to create the model of crane.

What I am struggling is to create winding mechanism. I am now using a tendon as yarn, but I am not sure how to wind a tendon.

Could you give me any advices?

Thanks

2. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

You can define a spatial tendon that wraps around a cylinder geom. It will not wind multiple times, but that is not really necessary to model a crane.

3. Thank you very much for quick replay!!

Since I am new to mujoco, I really could not understand what you mean.

I attached the crane model figure. Does "a spatial tendon that wraps around a cylinder geom" mean like this figure? I also do not understand "It will not wind multiple times". Does it mean it is impossible to lift up and down? Actually, I try to use this model for reinforcement learning, and I want to attach actuator which can lift up and lift down the weight.

If you could give me any advice I would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

Oh, this is easier than I thought. Just define a tendon between site2 and site3, and attach an actuator to it. You could also define length limits on the tendon. There is no need to model the winding explicitly for this system -- if you were to model it, it would behave identically to an actuated tendon between site2 and site3.

5. Thank you very much!!
    I did not notice that an actuator can be attached to a tendon... then it must be easy to implement.
    Again, thank you very much.